How to Open PPS Files Without Powerpoint
- 1). Boot up your computer. Go to "Start," and then "Programs." Locate the PowerPoint Viewer 2007 program, which is required to view .PPS documents. Proceed to Step 5 if the free viewer is installed on your computer, or proceed to Step 2 to download it if it is not.
- 2). Click on your Internet browser icon to open. Type http://microsoft-powerpoint-viewer.en.softonic.com/ in the URL bar.
- 3). Note the green "Download" button; click on the button to download the free PowerPoint Viewer. Save it to your hard drive.
- 4). Double-click the PowerPointViewer.exe program file to begin installation of the PowerPoint Viewer. Follow the directions on the screen to complete the installation.
- 5). Locate the .PPS file on your hard drive and double-click on its icon to open and view the presentation.