Succeed in Your Career With a Goldwater Scholarship
Goldwater scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships available today.
This scholarship is granted by Barry M Goldwater.
This institution was constituted in 1986 by congress in honor of Barry M Goldwater a US senator.
He was a member of the senate for thirty years.
This scholarship is awarded to students with interest of pursuing education in math, engineering and science subjects.
This is aimed at helping them build bright careers in these fields.
The most unique thing about this scholarship is that it is awarded to senior students in high school.
As such, it is not awarded to juniors and sophomores in college.
This ensures that it is given to students who are already in chosen fields.
Such students can receive a maximum quantum of $ 7,500 in an academic year.
This is awarded to about three hundred students only every year.
When applying for this scholarship, there are things you need to have in mind.
• Goldwater scholarship has a lot of competition.
As such, getting it is not easy.
Only four lucky students are nominated every year.
The nominations are usually done by the universities which give the most deserving students.
However, it is important to know that Princeton is on the record as having the highest number of students who have received the award.
• Trustees foundation board who are the ultimate decision makers as far as these scholarships are concerned always have the final say.
They decide who will be the lucky nominees to receive the award.
They do this after scrutinizing the students thoroughly.
In doing this, they perform a keen consideration of the student career study and field of interest.
They also consider the overall merit and career objectives.
• Students who could be interest in getting Goldwater scholarship work hard in math and sciences to increase their chances of benefiting from the scholarship.
To achieve this, they will need to choose colleges with a good record of performance in sciences and mathematics.
They should also consider schools which have programs aimed at helping students keep improving their performance in those subjects.
• Considering how covetous this scholarship is, it is important that students who are nominated take it upon themselves and explain their career objectives.
They should do this in the best way possible and show their potential.
To increase their chances of benefiting from the scholarship, it is important that they show the foundation board the contribution they intend to bring to the field they have chosen.
• Although this may not guarantee them success, it may increase their chances of being awarded the scholarship.
They may also benefit from other grants and loans from people or institutions which are looking for qualified math and science students.