Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Textbook Buyback
Also, in the comfort of your own room, any student can already earn money from old textbooks.
In the past, students look forward to the university bookstore's textbook buyback as a way to earn some money for the holidays.
However, not only are your neighborhood bookstore's a lot pickier, but they also buy back used books at a much lower price.
Textbook buyback websites are gaining in popularity due to several factors:
- You can sell your book anytime, you don't need to keep your used books lying around while waiting for the next textbook buyback event.
- You can sell your book even without going out of your house - you just need to ship your books (for free, at that!) and then you are done.
- Check out websites like pricebooks4me.
com and compare how much sites are paying for textbooks like yours.
Find the best price and make the most money out of your used books.
- Websites are less picky generally because they have a bigger market online compared to your neighborhood or university.
More and more people are going to their computers to look for textbooks, instead of trooping to the university bookstore.
Take note that same as your campus bookstore, online bookstores also consider the same things upon assessing the value of your book:
- Quality - no one else wants to buy a book that looks damaged.
No self-respecting student will want to buy something that are obviously used and not in good shape.
Check the website for specific damages that will not be allowed, like water or fire damage.
- Edition - in this case, your timelines in selling textbooks is critical.
Since you don't have to wait for textbook buyback dates, sell your textbooks as early as you can because the second a new edition comes out, the value of your book goes down very quickly.
Sometimes old editions might not even be sold anymore.
- Complete package - if your book came with freebies like CDs, the more complete the package is, the higher value your books will have.
- Selling capability - ultimately, bookstores are buying your used textbooks so they can sell it to other students.
If they know there is no demand for this book, they will not buy it or else they risk losing money as well.
Most sites have a list of most in demand books for everybody's reference.
With the powers of the Web, students have more options and an easier way to compare prices from different sites.